Monday, February 23, 2009

I think I am allergic to dating.


Not that I feel it is the fault of "the date" himself. But, it must be some inadvertent reaction to the pressures of dating. I think this may especially be the case with first dates and blind dates compound it even more. Am I saying this so that you will stop sending me your hungry, your poor, your single, your available male friends.....NO? Because I need all the practice I can get. Why am I saying this, you ask? Well, I had a date last weekend, not two. The other one ended up being this weekend. I went on the dates, enjoyed a nice dinner and good conversation. Afterwards I went home and felt fine, then I woke up the next morning on both occasions feeling congested and unable to breath, with the effects of a massive headache. I can only assume it was some allergic reaction. Needless to say, dating is difficult, on my immune system. But, it is a necessary evil to the next important thing. The actual Dating part--I mean the familiar, love hanging out with each other part, the part where you are comfortable with each other and you don't have to force conversation. The part where you understand and accept each other--good and bad. I can't wait for that part to come. In the mean time I will continue to go on the allergy releasing first dates and I will enjoy them and be grateful for them..as few and far between as they usually are. Because somewhere, sometime, somehow...it won't be so hard anymore. I welcome that day and that date.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Diane, you are so amazing to me. I just love you!! You are truly my hero in many ways. Thanks for being kind to me always.
I can't wait for May to come. That will be such a fun time.

AtoZ said...

Just take some benadryl after you get home from your date and not only will you fall asleep fast but you will be allergy free in the morning.

Karen said...

I love you Diane! Thanks for writing this. It was great!

Protective mommy

Protective mommy
Lucy and her new babies

My baby

My baby
"I think I like you"

So cute!!!

So cute!!!
"wow, there are sooo many of them."

My exciting life.

Though I may not have a lot going on in my life or love from a man, I have lots of love from my friends. They reminded me of that this afternoon. They were ready and willing to break into my blogspot page to make a more exciting blog for me. Though this is not anything near as nice as what they have done with their own pages it will have to do for now. Jennie and Karen...I changed my password. HEE HEE HEE!!

Our guns--we are a couple of rough chicks.

Our guns--we are a couple of rough chicks.

I have the best job

I have the best job
I work with the best people

These are a few of my favorite things.

These are a few of my favorite things.
La Dolce Vita and two of my Greatest Allies

I love a good party...

I love a good party...
...too bad it's to celebrate my friend's "Aloha to Singlehood"